Featured Questions

Walmart shoplifting - loss prevention amounts? How much does Walmart lose annually due to shoplifting? It has to be millions of dollars.


How to ask legal questions on Askinglaw Thank you for visiting Askinglaw, a legal question and answer website. If you are interested in submitting a law related question, please click on the link above titled "Ask a Legal Question" When asking...


Askinglaw, a legal question and answer site (Law Q&A) Do you have a legal related question that you can't find the answer to easily? Try posting it on Askinglaw, a legal question and answer site. There is a community of visitors who ask and answer questions....


I was injured in a car accident. what is going to happen... This is confusing so I hope you understand it. I was a passenger in a truck. We were slammed from behind as we were stopped. The accident was the driver of the other cars fault. She was speeding and not...


Child custody issue, Can a dad give a14 year old daughter... Can a dad give a 14 year old daughter a drug test and state more are to come while she is on his visitation without the consent of mom? She gets straight A's, on stucco, JV cheer leading and has won...


  • Prev
  • Next

what is the Statue Of limitations???? Chicago IL

Posted on : 07-11-2008 | By : Legal Information | In : Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Other Legal Topics, Statue of Limitations


I live In Chicago, IL. I was Assaulted at work by a co-worker. I filed a police report on the day of the incident. And they let me know that it would have to be investigated. I filed the police report about 3 weeks ago. About 1 week ago I received a call from a detective stating to me that I now need to go to another police station and get a Summons to take the issue to court. Due to the fact that I have not been able to get to the station which is about a 30 mins ride from my house. and that fact that I have not been feeling well. So Im asking what is the Statue of Limitations for me to go into the station and get the summons? I still want to take the issue to court. I have not just been feeling 100%

Want to Ask a Similar Question? Click Here

Write an answer